Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, November 15, 2010

Info Post
Circa 1977, my Mom bought me Sears Toughskins for school.  I had no choice but to wear them.  Complete with cardboard knees. 

Two kids wearing toughskins (the kid on the left is also wearing bobos on his feet). 


Toughskins were made of Dacron Type 59 polyester, DuPont 420 nylon, and cotton and were sold with the guarantee that children would grow out of them before the pants wore out. Nothing short of a nuclear bomb could destroy those jeans.

 

I didn't like wearing toughskins. And kids would make fun of you if you did. Luckily, the year my Mom bought them for me I was undergoing a growth spurt and only had to wear them for about half the school year.  And even my Toughskin buying mom knew it wasn't cool to wear high-waters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment