Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Info Post
Actually, I have no idea if the child that wrote this letter to Michelle Obama is nappy-headed.  But it is instructive to see just how pervasive the entitlement culture is.  Found at Boston.com 

Dear Mrs. Obama,



My name is Yasmeen Logan and I am twelve years old.


I live in Boston, Massachusetts. I have a little brother


named Naeem.


I am writing this letter because I think that everyone who


gets good grades should be able to get a laptop. Most kids


need laptops for school and cannot afford it like me. I need


a laptop for homework and for typing papers. I know laptops


are becoming cheaper, but they are still unaffordable for kids


like me. I think you can help us by donating some money so


we can get laptops.


I think computer companies need to give away free laptops.


I hope after reading this letter you will donate laptops.


Yours Truly,


Yasmeen Logan, age 12


Boston
First Yasmeen, you don't deserve a laptop for getting good grades.  That's what you're supposed to do in school and the fact that you earned your "good" grades without a laptop is proof that you don't now need a laptop to get good grades.  Second, how do we know you even earned those good grades?  We don't.  For all we know, you're the beneficiary of a very generous bell curve.  Third, perhaps your parents could use the money they save by you getting a free lunch (on the back of the handful of taxpayers in your district) to buy you that laptop that you supposedly need?  And finally, what you should be asking for in return for your alleged good grades is a future with the possibility of gainful employment.  Ask Mrs. Obama for that, and let us know how she responds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment