Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, February 10, 2011

Info Post
My first car was a 1975 Volkswagen Rabbit.  It was baby poop green and had two doors.  Three if you count the back hatch, or six if you count the hood, the glove box, and the gas tank.  The master cylinder would leak brake fluid onto the passenger side floorboard and because of that, I would spend my lunch money, daily, on brake fluid.  If I didn't stop too many times, I would be OK.  If I drove too much, there were times when the only way to stop the car was to throw it down into first gear, open the door and drag your feet along the pavement.  This worked better with a friend.

The springs in the driver seat poked through the seat and into my arse.  I tried to solve this problem by purchasing a fake lambskin seat cover from the JC Whitney catalog.  It didn't work and only poked holes in my newly purchased seat cover.  I installed a Kraco cassette player ($20 at K-Mart) and some Jensen 6 x 9 speakers that I hung from coat hangers above the back seat.  The wattage was so low that you could only hear the radio when the car was stopped.  I discovered the Rolling Stones on that system.

Once I was cruising the local drag and a small dash fire broke out.  It was extinguished, but after that, the interior smelled liked burnt rubber and no matter how good looking my friends were, it was impossible to convince girls to go for a ride with us.

The car met its fate one night when I loaned it to my older brother to drive.  He informed me the next morning that the car had broken down.  A few days later my dad took me to the garage where it was towed to discuss repairing it with the mechanic.  He said it wasn't worth fixing.  He opened the hood and showed us where one of the pistons had blown completely through the engine block.  Oil was everywhere.  All that I took from the car were the Jensen speakers and half a can of brake fluid.  And the seat cover.

2 comments:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    cash for cars ipswich
    cash for cars gympie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
    Thank you and good luck.
    cash for cars melbourne
    cash for scrap cars brisbane

    ReplyDelete