Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, March 21, 2011

Info Post
36 years ago these would have just been hitting store shelves. 


I distinctly remember the moment I opened a pack of these and there was a Steve Garvey inside.  It was outside a laundromat, which by itself, the trip to the laundromat was a great time for a kid.  They had vending machines and tumbling clothes.  And tons of loose change under the washers if you were willing to get a little dirty.  My brother, a huge Dodgers fan at the time, wanted the Garvey card.  I was a Reds fan, so I agreed he could have it if he gave me his Zero bar, my favorite at the time.


After much bickering, which seemed to always be the case, we exchanged items.  Later that day we would all get new tennis shoes.  I got my first pair of brand name tennis shoes.  Blue Pumas with a yellow stripe, two-sizes too big for my feet.


0 comments:

Post a Comment