Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, July 6, 2012

Info Post
It's Friday and I feel like blogging about beer.


On Tuesday I blogged about beer because Tuesday felt like Friday because of the holiday on Wednesday, but Wednesday felt like Sunday because I had to go back to work on Thursday which made Thursday feel like Monday all over again.  Yet, today is actually Friday and there is really only one Friday and after it comes Saturday and this collusion of time events makes me think of cold beer which I like to drink on Friday and Saturday and not on Sunday because Monday comes after Sunday.

Today I went to Burger King.  Yes, I know, I don't want to eat the crap either, but sometimes I just have to get something quick.  All dead French chefs roll over in their grave when I order a fake fish sandwich with fake cheese and fake extra pickles.  Anyway, this Burger King like most fast food restaurants around my hometown is operated by very unhappy and generally unfriendly minority type folks.  No smiling faces at these windows I tell ya.  For what they lack in hospitality could easily be made up in the efficiency of these places, but they don't have that figured out either.  I'd give them a pass on the friendliness issue if I could get my order more rapidly as to escape from the angry scowls of the employees.  On a side note, the Chik-Fil-A across the street (as a contrast) is mostly operated by non-minority type people and even the handful of minority type people there are so friendly and cheerful that it'll make your blood turn to clover honey.

Anyway, this Burger King was completely out of Cola-Cola today and it made me think about how incredibly incompetent management must be to run out of the number one soft drink in America.  In the world, perhaps!  But it also made me think, "Gee Numbnuts, I wonder what Americans drink more of, Coca-Cola or beer?"

And by Coca-Cola, I mean only the soft drink named so, not all sodas, pops or Cokes as a generic term.  In the South, we often refer to all sodas as Coke.  Do you want a Coke?  Sure, I'll have a Dr. Pepper.

Back to the original question.  Which do we drink more of?  My research indicates that Americas drink 15 million gallons of beer per day.  For Coca-Cola, if you do some rough math it works out to about 24 million gallons of coke per day.  With these facts in hand, I say, "Damnit what are you people doing!  Coca-Cola is terrible for you!  Drink more beer!"

*sigh*

Oh well.

I guess some folks just can't be helped.

Do you know how I know beer is good for you?  Because they sung it in a song.  And if it's sung to you in a song then it has to be the gospel truth.  See for yourself:



Someone once wrote a song about momma not dancing and daddy not liking rock and roll.  Well, that shit was true too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment