Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, July 20, 2012

Info Post
I wish I could wake up daily to a better place, but almost in Groundhog Day fashion I wake up to the same thing over and over.  Only in my Groundhog Day, each repeating day is worse than the one before it.

I am saddened by the loss of lives in the Colorado shooting last night.  The horror those people felt must have been inexplicable and overwhelming.  Naturally, as I sure most of us were, I thought about the shooter, who he was, what were his motivations.  I wasn't rooting that he was one color or one religion or another.  I wasn't too surprised to find out he was a young white male, but I would have felt the same way had he been a beard-wearing Arab.  It is senseless.

Of course the usual talking heads will begin to explain away his actions by virtue of talking about guns and how they should be regulated even further.  And they did just this on NPR this morning (I won't link to it and I'm sure an easy search will turn up the segment).  They were interviewing a local public radio reporter and never once did they ask about who the shooter was or whether they had any information on his motivations, but the NPR lady breathlessly asks about what kind of weapons were used.

So it begins.

Maybe Obama was sort of right way back when, maybe we do need to cling to our guns.  Until the government pries them from our cold, dead hands.

0 comments:

Post a Comment