Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Info Post
I admit that I do not like to kill things.  I'm kind of a live and let live sort of fellow.  I don't hunt, I don't keep the fish I catch, I'll even scoop up spiders and other intruding bugs from the house and release them back into their natural environs.  I only have one exception which is the cockroach.  Cockroaches are the devil and deserve to die.

On the other hand, I do like guns and I own several.  Mostly handguns and of those, mostly revolvers.  I love revolvers.  There is nothing like feeling the full-force of a large caliber recoil and the shattering of your guts by the tremendous explosions unleashed from the business end of a six-shooter.  I don't own many long guns as I gave up hunting years ago. I have a .22 rifle and a couple of shotguns, but seeing that our society is on the verge of splitting along highly-defined ideological lines, possibly racial lines too, I feel it is time to invest in a powerful and useful long rifle as an insurance policy against complete and total societal breakdown.

The internet is rife with conspiracy and hyperbole, but with rampaging gangs of kids on the street stealing or destroying property or punching the unsuspecting at will and without consequence it is now time to take seriously my home defense.  I live in the country, 5 miles outside the nearest town of 1000 people and 100 yards from the next rural county and under the jurisdiction of the county sheriff who is usually a half hour away.  There is a very large farm across the street and behind me, a small black church on one side and the remainder is 80 acres of trees and nothingness.  There are a few black families over the hill and behind the church and they generally keep to themselves although they like to howl at the moon on the weekend and sometimes gunfire erupts.  I won't hold that against anyone out here because it is a way of life and I am guilty of that too.  It is rather sparsely populated nearby, but there are other clusters of homes, some white, some black, of all incomes and surely differing educational backgrounds.

People are as unpredictable as any wild animal.  We all suffer from the impulses of our lesser brains, the parts that keep us living and reproducing and protects us from ourselves and each other.  But emotions agitate those base instincts and when a surge of anger passes through a group of like-minded people (think: Occupy Movement) the chances for violence increase ten or twenty-fold.  It could be anyone really.  Just recently in Los Angeles a group of skateboarders went on a rampage and most certainly that group was dominated by white kids.  We are all subject to that type of behaviour and it happens all the time at less important events than critical, political elections -- like football games for instance.

I hope there are no riots, but each day I am more and more convinced that the segments of our populace that feel the most entitled to "free" things, who have the least understanding of how our government, economic, political and tax system works, who have the least control over those base instincts I discussed earlier will be the first ones to spill into the streets of their own neighborhoods and begin lashing out at yet another perceived infraction against one's race or creed or belief system. 

And hey, if they do?  Then burn it to the ground people.  Go for it.  Get it all out of your system.  But if you make the mistake of crossing the very large red line which is my property, my family, my house or even my cats then you will face defeat and prejudice like you've never felt before.  I don't expect trouble out where I live, but I will be damned well prepared for it and I suggest anyone else do the same.  Especially those in large, urban and historically Democratic areas.

This is the most important election of our lifetimes, possibly even in the history of the USA.  Vote early, vote once, go home and good luck.

If anything, it'll be interesting to watch what happens.

I'm prepared.




I hope you are too.




0 comments:

Post a Comment